Sunday, June 5, 2011

Brooke's Big Day!

Yesterday was a big day in our daughters life. Brooke makes Scott and I so proud each and every day and yesterday was one of those days that I think none of us will ever forget. The day started out at Lydia's birthday party (one of our neighbor friends!). It was cowboy party and the kiddos got to ride horses. I was so proud of Brooke because she was very cautious and hesitant to get on the horse but she decided she wanted to do..and she did it! I was so proud of her and just couldn't wipe the smile off my face nor hers!!








THEN... the day continued with the night of her BIG dance recital!! She's been taking dance since September and it is a ballet and tap class. She has LOVED dance much more than school or anything else. Pretty much everyday she asked me if she is going to dance that day. I knew this night was going to be a blast for her. They had a rehearsal the day before but this was different..there were going to be lots of people in the crowd! The recital was held at the Peace Center, which is the place where all the big musicals, plays, and lots of concerts take place. The recital was 3 hours long and Brooke did GREAT!!! Her class was so cute and they danced to "Wake Me Up" by Wham. The whole recital was a throwback to the 80's!! I cried the entire time she danced and I just cannot tell you how proud me, Daddy, Nana, and Candace were!!






Makeup by Mommy and hair by Candace!!






Family pic before we left!

Our beautiful big girl!!

You make our world shine!




After the recital!! She was so excited! Getting her flowers!







All the dancers received medals..she was so pumped!

Wanted her bun taken out on our way to the car..she was exhausted..it was 9:30pm! After taking about 20 bobby pins out...her was her pretty blonde locks!

1 comment:

The Murphy Family said...

Oh, Laura! I'm literally crying! What a sweet post! Love that Brooke!