Last night we went over to Candace and Tom's for dinner and had a blast! The older girls played so well and ended up playing in Melaina's room for a long time. Downstairs we got to enjoy Presley and Clara playing together too! This was the 1st time they really were grabbing for each other, rolling over each other, and trying to talk in their own little language. These two gals are 1 day apart and it's going to be a blast to watch them grow up together as well!!
After church today we headed over to the local ice skating rink to take Brooke for her 1st skating experience. As we were standing in line to get our skates we realized it had been almost 15 years since Scott and I had ice skated! We had no idea what to expect out of ourselves and out of Brooke. When we first got out there she was pretty hesitant and we thought we were going to be heading home pretty fast. But after one time around the rink she was so into it and wanting to go faster!! It all came back to Scott and I and we all had a blast! After an hour and a half we headed home and Brooke was asleep in the car within 5 minutes. It was such a wonderful day! We cannot wait for Presley to be able to skate too!! My Mom was with us hanging out too! She was snuggling with Presley while we were out on the ice. I forgot how much fun it is to skate to fun music! I was having my own dance party as we were going round and round!
We have gotten hit with one of the biggest snow storms that this area has seen in almost 20 years!! We got about 7 inches of snow last night and today was so much fun! Brooke had never seen this much snow and was amazed by it all. She loved walking through it and it wore her out! The funny thing about having snow here is that there are no snow plows so the roads are pretty bad. People are anticipating that this snow will cause the schools to be closed all week long. It makes me laugh because living up North they are so prepared for this weather but down here, not so much. It was great having Scott home today too! I think he'll be home tomorrow too...woohoo! Daddy's girl...she refused to zip up her coat. :) Our backyard! Presley was loving the fresh, cool air!
Growing up, my parents always took my sister and I on road trips and I can say that I have visited some of the most random places in this nation. I LOVED our road trips and now being an adult I love that I have been to some really neat places that were just along the way. One of those places was Babyland General Hospital. This is the Cabbage Patch kids hospital where they are born and nurtured by the sweet doctors and nurses that work there. :) My Mom reminded me last week that Babyland General was in Georgia so we looked it up and saw that we are only 2 hours away from there. My Mom and I packed the kids up and headed to Cleveland, Georgia on Saturday to go visit the babies. I think we were more excited than Brooke was to go there! Once we got there, we realized that it was a new facility and it was beautiful. It is a huge, white mansion (I forgot to take a picture of the outside) and on the inside is different rooms with cabbage patch kids in their cribs. All babies are adoptable in the whole place. The rest of the house is mostly a huge store with different displays of the kids. It was adorable. Of course we bought both girls their own dolls but how could you not?!! We spent about 2 hours there and had so much fun!! The reception area when you walk in. Everyone who works there is either a "nurse" or a "doctor". My little kid! Nana and Brooke checking out the babies. My girls! These kids were bigger than I had ever seen! Sweet girl! She loved playing with this doll and putting in her extensions! Presley was all smiles here... The girls playing with their dolls once we got home! Sisters! Brooke feeding Tanya (her baby).
Happy 6 month birthday baby girl!! What a quick 6 months it has been. I look at her some days and just get teary eyed that she is growing up so fast. I understand now why parents want to keep the baby, a baby. Here are a few tidbits about Presley:
- She smiles pretty much anytime you look at her. She would smile all the time if she could but I think her cheeks get too heavy. :)
- She loves to have something in her mouth at all times. It doesn't matter...fingers, hands, toes, toys, blankets, my shirt, my hair, etc...
- She loves her sleep. She is taking 3 solid naps everyday and goes to bed between 6-6:30 pm. She wakes up around 6am and plays in her crib till I get her at 7:30am.
- She is amazed and in love with Brooke. She stares at her all day long.
- She is loving her baby food and am keeping my fingers crossed that I'm going to turn her into a good eater!
- She spits up all the time! Brooke never spit up. Literally, I don't think she ever did. Presley spits up a ton and smiles right after. Ugh! I'm just glad it's not hurting her.
- She has been turning over and rolling all around for about 2 months. She is trying very hard to crawl and it seems like it won't be long till she is.
- We thought she was losing her hair but we were wrong...it's growing! Yeah... I love her curly brown hair. The hair coming in is very light so we may have another blondie!
- She is talking a ton and loves to babble very loud. I think she is trying to talk over Brooke. Good luck with that one, Presley, your sister talks ALL DAY LONG! :)
- Presley is sitting up on her own now but certainly still takes a spill every now and then.
- She is my little love bug and I could just kiss on her all day long.
At her 6 month checkup this is where she measures: