Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Joy of Christmas

It is so amazing being a parent and experiencing Christmas with your children. It brings all of the wonderful memories I have of Christmas from when I was a child back and I love making our own memories as a family now. I was looking around at my incredible husband and precious children just thinking about how blessed I am to have such special people in my life.

Two days before Christmas I still did not have a star/angel/bow or anything at the top of the tree. I have been looking for the perfect something to put up there but still hadn't found it. Out of the blue Brooke says to me that she wants to make a yellow star to put at the top of the tree. She is very into using scissors now so I drew the star and she cut and colored it. I am in love with this star. I am going to laminate it and use it every year from now on. This was exactly what I was looking for.
Christmas Eve we went to church and attended one of my favorite services of the year. Candace sang "O Holy Night" and the whole service is so touching and emotional. Then, we had a great morning at our house on Christmas and Santa was very good to us. Brooke had a blast opening all of her presents and Presley's too! She's not going to know how to handle herself once Presley starts opening her own stuff!
Mom Mom Suz, John John, Aunt Katie, and Uncle Jamie sent lots of wonderful gifts!! She had so much fun opening and playing with all of them!
Mommy putting together her Barbie Pet Vet Center that Mom Mom Suz gave her!

That afternoon we headed to my Mom's (she lives a mile away!) and met up with Aunt Lisa, Uncle Devin and the kids! What a wonderful day!! God is good.
Trying to get a group shot!
Brooke and Adelyn patiently waiting to open Nana's gifts!
Time to open!
Uncle Devin getting the play-doh all set up!
Play-doh time!
It was a white Christmas!! First time in over 50 years that it has snowed on Christmas in Greenville! It was awesome!
Brooke had a blast!
Today out riding her new bike that Santa brought!

No comments: