Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Day with my Man

Yesterday was a day that I have craved for awhile now.... I got to spend the day with my incredible husband!! With the past couple of months being so busy, stressful, you name it... it was time for us to get away and really have a great day together. My Mom was so great to watch the kids for us while we jumped in the car and headed off. We decided to head up to Table Rock and hike for the day. I have to say that this was by far such a beautiful day (in many different ways). We hiked for 7.2 miles and loved going to the top of Table Rock. The view was so pretty and it felt great to be on the mountain and feel so connected to my love. We laughed so much and just loved being in nature together. After the hike we headed out to dinner in downtown Greenville to one of our fav restaurants, Rick Erwin's. We had an awesome steak dinner with a dessert to die for. We stayed overnight downtown and enjoyed coffee on the river and a long walk there this morning. I love being with my children everyday but the times I get to have Scott all to myself, I just soak it up. Thank you Mom for hanging out with our children so we could have such a great time hanging out with each other. It means so much to us to be able to do that. We love you.


Here are some pics from our day yesterday:
We stopped at the last gas station before Table Rock and found this ostrich behind the store. We thought it was a little random. :)


Start of our hike! Yes, we were already sweating since it was still about 90 something degrees in the mountains!


On our way up... this rock looked like a sleeping dinosaur!


Pretty view on the way up


Nice view heading to the top


At the summit!


Scott looking out at the beautiful view


This was what we climbed yesterday. This was taken when we left the mountain. The pics right above this are taken from the top of those rock cliffs.

No comments: