Thursday, May 20, 2010

Brooke Update and Baby Girl #2




Scott and I are constantly looking at each other and saying that we feel like the 2 luckiest and blessed parents there are to have Brooke as our daughter. I'm sure every parent feels this way but having this little ray of sunshine in our lives makes us so grateful everyday. She is full of personality, whit, creativity, sweetness, fiestiness (if that is a word), kindness, will power, and so many more things. Her speech amazes me everyday with full sentences and it's great that we have normal conversations now. We were talking yesterday about her baby sister coming and we had about a 20 minute conversation about it. It depends on the day about how excited she is that she has to "share her toys" as she puts it. She has no idea how much she is going to love having another child in the house. I know it may be difficult at first for her but she will grow to love her little one.

These days Brooke is into painting, play-doh, and using glue to make art. We glue everything...shapes, balls, you name it...it gets glued! She loves to play outside and swing and ride her scooter. She is still learning to ride it but is inspired to go fast like the neighborhood kids. I can see it in her eyes when she is riding it. We water our plants every night and it is one of my favorite times of day and favorite things to do with her. She loves to help me water and she has 2 plants of her own that she is responsible for. Her plants are looking better than mine! She has her 1st crush on the boy next door...ugh! He is 5 years old and a sweetie pie (he is in the picture above). We watch her little face light up when she sees him and plays with him. It's really cute ....Scott and I just look at each other and smile. Our little girl...watching her is a dream come true.

This pregnancy has been different than mine with Brooke. There is an OBGYN that lives in our neighborhood and as we were talking the other day I told her about how this one felt different. She starting laughing and said "Of course it will...you weren't chasing after a 2 1/2 year old last time!" . She's right, keeping up with Brooke has definitely challenged me but has made the time fly by. Overall, this pregnancy has been good, just little differences that I'm sure are going to happen as your body expands again.

Foods I have craved versus last time:
- Oreos ( I seriously have to limit myself to 6 per day....yes, I said LIMIT!)
- Cheese-its (Not the hot and spicy ones though like I craved last time)
- Ice ( I cannot stop chewing it...weird)
- Bagels and cream cheese (I think I have had one everyday)
- Cereal (pretty much all kinds but specifically Kashi Cinnamon Harvest, Crispix, Multigrain Cheerios)
- Ground beef (cooked with anything... I know Scott is so sick of it!)

When I was pregnant with Brooke I would have an egg/cheese bagel sandwich pretty much every morning. This time, I have to choke down eggs...not feeling those.

7 more weeks till this little one arrives and we CANNOT WAIT!! The nursery is partially ready, we are using the same bedding we had for Brooke and are just going to change up the wall decor. Other than that, I just need to get a few more things. Brooke is in her big girl room and doing great. Naps are a challenge right now because she continues to get out of her bed. But, nighttime is great and she wakes up about 2 times a night to go to the potty. She just wakes up and says "Daddy" and he takes her to the potty and she goes right back to bed. Off to paint, glue, or play something else...!!

1 comment:

Dad Garrett said...

And today Brooke siad "Hi Pops!!!!" to me on the phone. A first.

I like to have burst a button....

Love, Pops Garrett