Tuesday, April 6, 2010

If you know Roxy, then you will like this....

A little over a week ago, the day that Mom Mom Suz came into town, I took Roxy (our dog) with me to the grocery store to take her for a ride. For those of you who don't know Roxy, she is 1/2 yellow lab and 1/2 rottweiler and truly a very sweet dog. She is about 80 pounds of solid muscle but wouldn't hurt a fly but will jump on you and you may get some piddle on your feet. :) She is easily excited and LOVES people. When we take her to the dog park she could care less about the dogs and just goes up to all the people. Back to the story.... so I did my grocery shopping and then was headed out of the store with the grocery store employee who was helping me out (our grocery store always has someone take and load your bags in the car- it is wonderful!). I politely asked the employee to please put my all of my bags in the front seat since my dog was in the back seat. In the meantime Roxy had jumped from the very back of our SUV to the front seat so when they opened the door, Roxy jumped out! At first I thought it was no big deal and for a second was kidding myself to think she would listen to me to get back in the car until she took off and ran straight INSIDE THE GROCERY STORE! Yep... doors automatically open and there she went. I immediately opened a box of granola bars I had just bought and went on my way to get her. Keep in mind, I am 7 months pregnant and my running is something to laugh at right now. I run in calling Roxy's name and realize that everyone is pretty much standing still with eyes wide open. Roxy ran in and then took a left in front of all of the check out areas and then proceeded to run to the opposite side of the store down the ice cream isle. This is where I suckered her to me with the granola bar. I grabbed her collar and lead her out of the store while saying my apologies over and over again! Everyone in there was so nice about it... I have to admit that I got in the car and was dying laughing! You have no idea how many stories we have from this dog and this is just another to add to the collection!! Gotta love her... I'm thinking about asking our grocery store for the security footage so I can see how hilarious I looked running through there. Oh Roxy....

1 comment:

Dad Garrett said...

This is to kill for...

I have sent this story to everyone i know who has or has had a dog and who I thought might get laugh out of it...

Thanks for sharing...