Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Exciting Day and Update on Brooke

I am sitting here watching the news while Brooke is sleeping and just thinking about what a great day today is. I have chills just watching all of the inauguration activities going on...I am proud to be an American.


I have been pretty slack lately about taking photos so I figured I would give a little update as of what Brooke is up to these days. She is certainly keeping me busy and I'm finding it harder and harder to get things done during the day!

- She is very picky right now with what she is eating...not loving most foods. I don't think that she gets it yet that food is DELICIOUS. Her favorite foods are oranges, oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, and gerber crunchies. She requests the crunchies pretty much with every meal. Hey, we all have our favorites, right?!
- She has 1 1/2 teeth. She got her 1st tooth about 3 weeks ago and the 2nd one is coming in. I think more are too.. she's been waking up at night upset. Not used to this..she has never teethed before!
- She took 2 steps by herself the other day and is trying her hardest to walk. She goes everywhere with her walker. I just love watching her walk around!
- Words she is saying: bye, baby, doggie, ball, apple, mommy, daddy, and trying to say Roxy...can't say the "R". She roars like a lion and barks like a dog when she sees a picture of either one of them.
- Loves her bellybutton and constantly wants to look at mine. :)
- Is definitely more sensitive than she used to be... she gets upset easily right now..I'm hoping that is just from the teething. :)
- Is obsessed with Roxy...she just wants to touch and grab her tongue all the time. I know...lovely.
- Loves playing with her best friend, Melaina. They have such a sweet bond and it's been really neat to watch them get to know each other.
- Loves 2 books right now... I can't read them enough. One is an ABC book and the other is all about Dogs.
- Won't keep her shoes and socks on in the car. She loves to take both off and then suck on her socks while we drive. It's a nice present for me when I go to get her out of the car. I need to remember to bring extra socks everywhere.
- Loves to feed her baby doll. It's the cutest thing ever.
- Is becoming much more cuddly...there is no better feeling than getting hugged by my child.
- She is getting upset when Scott goes to work...not fun. Makes my heart sink.

No comments: